Re: Help with TOAD

From: Peter <peter_at_ciber>
Date: 14 Feb 2004 23:02:50 +0100

"Ron" <support_at_dbainfopower.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:1d-dnSx2fbyIBLPdRVn-gw_at_comcast.com...
> Please check below link on Quest website - looks like it has
information
> on your issue.
>
> http://questsupportlink.quest.com/ConnectionAssistant/

Hi,
[Quoted] thanks for the reply. I have seen that site, but I can't get it to relate to [Quoted] [Quoted] the installation I have - makes me wonder if it is necessary to installl [Quoted] more than just TOAD?

For instance, the link mentions some registry entries that may need changing. I have nothing that resembles those entries. "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | ORACLE | ALL_HOMES" simply does not exist [Quoted] in my registry after I have installed TOAD.

Likewise it mentions alterations to the windows path. It talks about an [Quoted] "oracle home\bin" directory. I have nothing resembling an "oracle" directory [Quoted] (like "orant" or any "bin" directory off anything that looks like it has [Quoted] anything to do with oracle).

It really does seem that one cannot just install TOAD on a pc and connect to [Quoted] an oracle database. What else needs to be installed?

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter Received on Sat Feb 14 2004 - 23:02:50 CET

Original text of this message