Re: Does Oracle 10g make the Application Server (almost) insignificant?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:39:50 -0800

Ron wrote:

> Hello Sybrand,
>
> I am really sorry to say that, but You probably have no clue about
> real-world systems and how to scale them.
>
> Friend of mine currently supports site, that needs not 10, but 16 of user
> signing / lookup servers.
>
> Just think about sites like AMAZON, Yahoo and EBAY and stop posting flames
> and harassment.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ron

[Quoted] [Quoted] Ron ... please stop this nonsense. I am in Seattle and many of my students are at Amazon or are former Amazon employees. You are just making this stuff up and it is neither appropriate not professional to do so.

Sybrand probably knew more about Oracle five years ago than you will know five years from now.

If your point is to make friends and influence people to do business with your company you are proceeding like a US President at a meeting of the European Union.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu