Re: Does Oracle 10g make the Application Server (almost) insignificant?

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:59:51 -0800

Hello Roel,

  IMHO: [Quoted]      For a big systems you still need to architect separate layers: you may [Quoted] need 100-200 database servers, but multiple thousand's of application servers at least, separated by functionality, geo-location, etc.

    As for the DR failover architecture it is much more transparent to fail-over database layer with almost no interruption to application vs. dragging to DR whole system.

Regards,

  Ron
  DBA Infopower
  http://www.dbainfopower.com