Re: yipeee!

From: Bernard Dhooghe <nomen_at_attglobal.net>
Date: 10 Feb 2004 06:01:12 -0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm very favorable biased towards DB2 and AIX (based on support experience, you can have trust) but I would not choose to migrate to CICS on AIX.

DCE fades away, I can't believe CICS on AIX is -anymore?- a strategic product (for IBM).

If leaving VSE, I would not reincarnate it on AIX with CICS, even in an intermediate step.

I also believe log-shipping is a very reliable way to have a replication side; a database can reside multiple times on a system based on the redirected restore principle, so the recovery site can even be a development system also.

In UDB 8.1 LUW the shadow database maintained with log-shipping remains in roll-forward pending state. Using a snapshot capability of a storage engine, a copy of the shadow can be validated.

Bernard Dhooghe