Oracle Rman Replication

From: RYAN <sh_toh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 15:27:50 +0800

[Quoted] Hi All,

[Quoted] I am new to Oracle and I have some question that I hope that someone out there can help me.

I have heard the Oracle Rman can do replication of Archives logs. In this way, one can setup some sort or Oracle Instances replication accross 2 machine at different sites.

  1. Does amyone know how is the performance of this method of replication as compared to replication software such as veritas?
  2. Lets say if the transcation is about 256kbps can Oracle replication to be [Quoted] configured to replicate across 2 2Mbps WAN link so that at any time of failure, only 15 min of data is loss?
  3. If anyone would recommend, which mothod to replication is better? Oracle or Veritas VVR?

Thanks,
TSH Received on Sun Feb 08 2004 - 08:27:50 CET

Original text of this message