Re: Snapshot too old but UNDO_RETENTION very high

From: DBA Infopower Support <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 21:53:44 -0800

[Quoted] Hello Sybrand,

   I believe we disagreed on very different issues:

   In case you are discussing (lengthy selects for example) , high transaction activity from other sessions would definitely cause ora-1555 at some point

   In a case, that user describes, looks like lengthy update is failing. My recommendation is to break one big update into small batched updates using PL/SQL (or any other language - Perl, fro example). This will greatly reduce probability of 1555 on an update itself.

   Overall, let user decide which advice helps to resolve the problem and not to flame each other.

Regards,
Support

DBA Infopower

https://www.dbainfopower.com

The advice provided by DBA Infopower are provided "as is" with no warranty. DBA Infopower expressly disclaims any warranty, regarding the advice including any implied warranty of merchant fitness for a particular purpose aviating course of dealing and/or performance. DBA Infopower does not warrant that the advices provided by DBA Infopower will be free from bias, detests, errors, eavesdropping or listening. DBA Infopower shall not be responsible for the quality of information or the authentication of the services or details given by experts on the advice. By using this advice the user of the advice accepts the terms and conditions of this statement.