Re: Snapshot too old but UNDO_RETENTION very high

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 20:53:41 +0100

[Quoted] [Quoted] On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:03:29 -0800, "DBA Infopower Support" <support_at_dbainfopower.com> wrote:

> Frequent commits would greatly reduce probability of ORA-1555, since
>consistent data required by transaction would have much less chance to be
>lost in rollback segments.

[Quoted] You are just plain and utterly wrong, andapparently you don't know at all how the rollback mechanism works.
Please read up on the causes of ora-1555 and apologize in this forum for your misguided advice.
As far as your assesment of Metalink: I don't think you know what you are talking about, you are just trying to put people sand in their eyes. The causes for ora-1555 are well known, and they are published, apart from that, Metalink is currently staffed by trained monkeys providing similar answers like you do.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA