Re: Profiling an instance

From: DBA Infopower Support <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 01:34:49 -0800

Hello sandiyan,

  As it was mentioned before for instance lever activities you can use setup and use statspack (check performance tuning manual for instructions).

  To trace individual user you'd need to identify sessions he is using (check v$session for session and machine information) and use internal oracle package dbms_system.SET_SQL_TRACE_IN_SESSION. After SQL trace is created(results are in udump), use tkprof utility to generate SQL profile report.

Regards,

Support

DBA Infopower

https://www.dbainfopower.com

Makers of Performance Explorer-I/ Statspack tool

The advice provided by DBA Infopower are provided "as is" with no warranty. DBA Infopower expressly disclaims any warranty, regarding the advice including any implied warranty of merchant fitness for a particular purpose aviating course of dealing and/or performance. DBA Infopower does not warrant that the advices provided by DBA Infopower will be free from bias, detests, errors, eavesdropping or listening. DBA Infopower shall not be responsible for the quality of information or the authentication of the services or details given by experts on the advice. By using this advice the user of the advice accepts the terms and conditions of this statement.