Problem with Oracle Enterprise Manager - windows service for Management Server won't start

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 20:27:13 GMT

Hi all,
[Quoted] I have got an Oracle Enterprise Manager, OracleOra92ManagementServer service [Quoted] failing to start on a windows 2000 SP4 box.

The oms.nohup files contains the following:

OEMCTL for Windows NT: Version 9.2.0.1.0 Production

Copyright (c) 1998, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Starting the Oracle Management Server... [main][2004-2-4:17:16:52:521] VdbSession.processError: errorCode >1017<

[main][2004-2-4:17:16:52:521] VdbSession.processError: errorMsg >ORA-01017:
invalid username/password; logon denied

<

[main][2004-2-4:17:16:52:521] ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon
denied

:
..../...._at_jdbc:oracle:oci8:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(Host=r505xx [Quoted] )(Port=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=oemdb)))

[main][2004-2-4:17:16:52:521] VdbSession.processError: invalid connect
string

and many other identical entries until windows gives up.

Some facts:

Yesterday I started the OMS after a long time, without problems, but I didn't remember the sysman password anymore, so I connected to the repository as sys, reset the repository owner password (for which I didn't remember the password either) and finally executed the procedure smp_maintenance.reset_sysman();

After that I was able to log in to OMS as sysman and do my work.

Today when I tried (several times) to start the service from the windows service console, the service fails to start and records the messages listed above.

[Quoted] Then I began to check a few things, basing on the output of the oms.nohup file, so I tried first to see which database was actually trying to connect [Quoted] to, using the jdbc connection string mentioned in the message, but it looks [Quoted] ok to me, it turns out to be the repository db, as expected (I used the OracleXML utility to test that, because I can submit a jdbc connection string from the command line and it works fine). I also checked the registry content, the ORACLE_SID key contains the name of [Quoted] the repository, again, as expected.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Flavio Received on Wed Feb 04 2004 - 21:27:13 CET

Original text of this message