ODBC with ACCESS

From: <shizoom_at_msn.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:51:24 +0800

[Quoted] Hi, Everyone:

I tried using ODBC with ACCESS(2002 version) on Windows XP to put a table into Oracle(oracle 9i02 for Windows) under USER tablespace. The process works fine. The problem is all the columns are saved in varchar type. I assume this is inocrrect. Does anyone have the same experience before?

After seeing that I tried logged in as SYSOP and using OEM to change the type, I was told that there is data in the column. I cannot change datatype. I can see the imported tables under SQL/PLUS using 'select table_name from user_tables;'. But 'desc' told me that object was not found. Could anyone kindly tell me what is going on here!

Thank you for your help and suggestion.

Shizoom Wang, 2/4/2004 Received on Wed Feb 04 2004 - 05:51:24 CET

Original text of this message