Extraction SQL statements from old Oracle browser 2.0 .brw files

From: paddy <paddy_at_*&jellyware.pist.freeuk.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:24:39 -0000

Hi,

I need to extract the SQL statements from a series of .brw files. The files contain reports which were once accessed / ran using Oracle Browser version 2.0
(16 bit).

The original installation media is long lost, Oracle say that this software is no longer supported. In addition there are apparently issues surrounding running this software under Windows XP Pro. So I'm in a bit of a quandary.

Is there a tool which will allow me to open these files? They appear to be stored in a proprietary format or binary data structure which I am unfamiliar with.

Any sensible comments or advice well received.

Regards

Paddy

---