RMAN and obsolete backups

From: Ivan Vasquez <ivan_at_looker.itos.uga.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:30:50 -0500

Oracle 9.2 on Linux RH. The backup scheme is weekly level0's, and level1's and 2s during weekdays. Backups are staged on disk.

I configured the recovery window to only 15 days. I would expect that any backups older than 15 days would get deleted when a cron job issues "delete noprompt obsolete". Particulary, no backup files older than 22 days should exist if I do this daily. However, I notice that backups (especially archivelog backups) remain even after a month.

Could somebody explain me why is this?
Thank you. Received on Thu Jan 29 2004 - 15:30:50 CET

Original text of this message