Handle count leak when connecting to Oracle via ODBC on Windows

From: Kong Li <likong_at_email.com>
Date: 26 Jan 2004 19:03:41 -0800

Environments:
[Quoted] 1. WinXP SP1, MDAC 2.7 SP1 (Microsoft ODBC for Oracle is
2.573.9030.0), Oracle client 9.2.0.1.
2. Win2000 SP4, MDAC 2.7 SP1 (Microsoft ODBC for Oracle is
2.573.9030.0), Oracle client 9.2.0.1.
3. Win2000 SP4, MDAC 2.8 (Microsoft ODBC for Oracle is 2.573.1022.0),
Oracle client 9.2.0.1.

[Quoted] I have a simple program calling SQLDriverConnect (not OLEDB, not ADO, but ODBC) to an Oracle server 9.2, and then disconnect. The value of handle count increases by 2 each time I did the connect/disconnect. This has been verified on the above 3 environments. Turning on/off ODBC connection pooling does not change the handle count leakage.

Connection caching is not an option for me since the application connects to a set of Oracle servers that keep changing.

Is this a known problem? I did not try Oracle's own ODBC driver.

Any pointers, ideas?

Thanks.

Kong
likong_at_email.com Received on Tue Jan 27 2004 - 04:03:41 CET

Original text of this message