Oracle Workflow on Linux 9.2.0.1 cdroms

From: Equis Uno <ir4u4_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Jan 2004 14:04:33 -0800

Hi there,

I did find some workflow documentation:
http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.docindex?remark=homepage#index-WOR

I did find some workflow software on the linux 9.2.0.1 cdrom set.

I installed it into a fresh ORACLE_HOME with a fresh DB.

I found these statements in the
"Oracle Workflow Server Installation Notes" http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/workflow.920/a96643/toc.htm:

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Start the Workflow Configuration Assistant.
  • The Oracle Universal Installer launches the Workflow Configuration Assistant automatically when the installation is complete. See: Step 2. Install Oracle Workflow Server files using the Oracle Universal Installer.
  • You can also run the Workflow Configuration Assistant manually. Use the following commands:

On UNIX:

$<ORACLE_HOME>/wf/install/wfinstall

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Here is where my OWF install falls apart.

-For me the Oracle Universal Installer did not launch the Workflow
Configuration Assistant.
-The file $ORACLE_HOME/wf/install/wfinstall does not exist in my new
oracle home.
-The directory $ORACLE_HOME/wf does not exist either.

So, I spent a few hours trying some different variations of fresh Oracle installs off of
the 9.2.0.1 cdrom set. I could not find evidence that the OUI is able to install Workflow.

Have any of you installed workflow on linux from the 9.2.0.1 cdrom set?

-moi