Rollback doesn't work with OO4O/COM+

From: Marcus Warm <porsche_at_mwvb.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:56:15 +0100

Hi

does anybody use Oracle9i R2 and COM+? Does it work?

Everytime when I call the COM+ command GetObjectContext.DisableCommit or GetObjectContext.SetAbort the cursor
does not disappear. After calling several times DisableCommit Oracle can not create cursors any more.
There will be no cursor after calling SetComplete. What's wrong? Oracle bug?

Background: I call an ASP-page which shows via SYSTEM-login and a COM+/VB6/OO4O class the V$OPEN_CURSOR table. DisableCommit makes that table longer and longer - until the server computer (=IIS) accepts no requests anymore (= too many cursors). There seems to be no way to free cursors in OO4O.

I use:
- Windows Server 2003, IIS6, COM+

  • Oracle9i (V9.2.0.1.x), OO4O component V9.2.0.4.8, MTS component V9.2.0.4.x
  • Visual Basic 6 (same with Windows XP + ADO)

plz help
Marcus

COMplus, Microsoft Transaction Server (MTS), Oracle Objects for OLE, Oracle, transactions, rollback, commit Received on Tue Jan 20 2004 - 08:56:15 CET

Original text of this message