choices regarding where to place code - in the database or middle tier

From: Joe <joelax_at_dbdirections.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 03:26:48 GMT

Hi -

[Quoted] [Quoted] Over the last several versions of Oracle, developers have been provided with [Quoted] [Quoted] a pretty revolutionary idea for a database product - namely the ability to [Quoted] [Quoted] write code that used to belong in the middle tier and store it in the [Quoted] database. I'm referring here to the ability to write stored procedures in Java.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Now of course, Microsoft with their SQL Server product is doing the same [Quoted] thing. The next version of SQL Server will allow programmers to write stored procedures in any of the .NET languages.

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm interested in looking at the increased choices developers now have because of these new features in more depth ,developing some best practices [Quoted] [Quoted] on the subject, and possibly publishing an article on the topic.

[Quoted] I personally am more experienced with SQL Server than with Oracle. I am [Quoted] therefore looking for someone who has been involved with making these choices in the Oracle environment who would like to collaborate with me on the subject.

[Quoted] [Quoted] If you are interested, please contact me at joelax_at_dbdirections.com

Thank you

Joe Lax Received on Mon Jan 19 2004 - 04:26:48 CET

Original text of this message