Reuse Connect dialog box on forms 6i run time to connect to another database

From: DAVID <david_nat2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2004 21:24:34 -0800

Hello,

[Quoted] With regards to the Connect dialog on Oracle forms 6i via which we can connect to Oracle database, should we use the same functionality on forms run time again?
I mean, I want to make a window with three screen items for username, password and service name. And on run time after connecting to the database I use this window to reconnect to an other database.

So when I give the appropriate information, I will connect to the required database.
I am using the following command on when button press, to connect to database via forms but unfortunately this command runs only when the standalone procedure builder invoke.

.CONNECT DB scott/tiger_at_test

Could any body give me suggestion that how should I connect to required database on forms run time?

Thanks

David Received on Fri Jan 16 2004 - 06:24:34 CET

Original text of this message