Re: trigger to fire when navigating records

From: Fred van Nimwegen <fred.vannimwegen_at_wanadoo.nl>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 21:51:44 +0100

[Quoted] Try the when-mouse-click and when-mouse-move triggers on block level check the mouse position and when this is whithin the scrollbar you can get [Quoted] the recordnumber of the top record and the cursor record and navigate in the [Quoted] cursor to the new top record

[Quoted] "Aaron V" <Tinkerist_at_hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:WWoJb.719437$HS4.5228893_at_attbi_s01...
> [...]
> > (don't forget to be specific in you next post)
> >
> > 'when-validate-item' is the typical trigger for detecting change at the
> item
> > level. see also when-validate-record and when-validate-form
> >
> > the SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY 'built-in' is the closest to what you
want
> > do as far as setting the attributes of one occurrence of a multi-row
item,
> > but it does not appear to support changing the format
> >
> > however, this can be simulated with a mirror ('synchronize with') item
in
> > the same block -- the implementation is not pretty but it can be made
> > generic, and hence, reusable
> >
> > basic steps:
> > 1) create a block item with its 'synchronize with item' property set to
> the
> > number item
> > -- no format mask in this item
> > -- important: set its 'number of items displayed' property to 1
> > -- position the item exactly on top of the number item (same x, y,
width)
> > 2) create a WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE trigger on the block that positions
> the
> > item (this code should be implemented in a reusable program unit, but
see
> > if you can get it working in the trigger first)
> > -- set the y_pos based on:
> > ---- the SYSTEM.TRIGGER_RECORD
> > ---- block property TOP_RECORD
> > ---- height of the item (can get dynamically with GET_ITEM_PROPERTY)
> > ---- item property distance between records (must be hard-coded, cannot
> get
> > with GET_ITEM_PROPERTY)
> > 3) set 'keyboard navigable' property of the number item to 'No'
> > 4) create a WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE trigger on the number item to set the
> > focus to the edit item (using GO_ITEM)
> >
> > let me know if you need additional assistance, but if you know PL/SQL
and
> > can use on-line help this should give you enough to go by
> >
> > -- mcs
> >
> > "Aaron V" <Tinkerist_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > | Greetings,
> > | Does anyone know a good way to exclude the commas when editing a
number
> > | field? I have a format mask that adds commas for readability on long
> > | numbers, but when I edit the number, I don't want the commas to be
> there.
> > | For instance, if I where to put the decimal point off by one position
> > | accidentaly on a long number, I would have to change the decimal
> position
> > | then remove all the commas or replace them where they should be. It
> would
> > be
> > | easier to retype the number; yes, but I would prefer to have the
option
> > | edit it. The closest I could come up with was to Nullify the Format
Mask