Re: ORACLE 9IAS installation on windows 2000 ,p4 machine

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 06:40:05 -0800

Thipperudra Swamy wrote:

> Hello,
> We are installing Oracle 9ias release 9.0.2.1.0 on windows 2000 server on
> NEW Pentium 4 machine.
> We used P4 patch for installation(because of known bug for p4 machines).
> During the Installtion we selected products.jar from F(CD Drive):\stage, but
> it will not give option for Different homes for isuites and ora 806.
> if we select products.jar from F(CD Drive):\install\stage, we have option
> for choosing different homes. After selecting different home, installer will
> not install all the files,it will complete within seconds.
> Earlier we installed 9ias release 9.0.2.1.0 on windows 2000 server on
> Pentium 3 machine with different homes.
>
> Please suggest me how to go ahead with new installation.
> regards,
> Swamy

Your post is very confusing. There is no P4 bug, at least one I am aware of, with 9iAS and 9iAS shouldn't have anything to do with a directory name ora806. Please confirm what products you are speaking of as the last time I saw a directory named ora806 it was with the ancient version of Oracle named 8.0.6 which is not certified to run on P4 at all AFAIK.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu