Re: getting sqlplus only (unix)

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 07:30:58 -0800

Kot wrote:

> How can I get `sqlplus' program for unix without installing the whole
> Oracle system? I simply don't want to download whole server to get
> this client software.
>
> F.

As Sybrand says ... not possible. It apparently hasn't occured to you to read the license for Oracle's software but the client software you should be installing should be provided from the CDs from which the database was created to which you are connecting.

So the question is ... where is the database itself and who has the CDs?

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu