"ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name" with Oracle Data Provider for .NET

From: Chris <newsgroup.replies_at_netchris.com>
Date: 5 Jan 2004 14:55:40 -0800

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have installed Oracle Data Provider for .NET (9.2.0.4.0) and am [Quoted] trying to make a simple connection to a database. I can test connect fine with the Net Manager and have verified that my TNSNames.ora and SQLNET.ora files are non-duplicated. I am assuming that they are correct as I saved my configuration in Net Manager after testing the connection successfully.

However, when attempting to connect from C#, I get an excpetion with the error:
"ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name"

Same thing happens also when trying to use System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection as well.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction of where to look first?

--
Thanks,
Chris Simmons