Re: Permission denied executing sqlplus on Windows

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 03:22:06 +0100

[Quoted] Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> wrote:

>I just created a test user on my Windows 2000 Professional laptop. User
>TEST is defined as a "restricted" user. Subsequently I access Oracle
>database on the same machine from that user with no problem.

Thanks that you took the time!
Back to the question: Did you create TEST after installing the DB?

>However, I DO get "permission denied" when I try to start/stop database
>service or listnener from the test user. This is, of course, as it
>should be.

Right.

>Other than a hooped install or not having the service & listener running
>automatically using the installer's userid, the only thing I can think
>of is you are using Windows 2000 Workstation rather than Professional or
>Server. (In that case, you should expect to encounter difficulties, as
>Oracle explicitly did not certify that one.)

I will check the installation log tomorrow, it should be there - although I am 100% sure that the installation went well - I am using it successfully, but only as the administrator.

[Quoted] It comes to my mind that this kind of problem began after we introduced Windows 2000 and deprecated Windows NT. I will check the version tomorrow.

A normal user can't even read the $ORACLE_HOME directory (access denied).

Bye
Rico Received on Mon Jan 05 2004 - 03:22:06 CET

Original text of this message