Re: Permission denied executing sqlplus on Windows

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 03:51:13 GMT

Rick Denoire wrote:

> After installing Oracle as the local administrator account, "normal"
> users on the same PC can't start sqlplus or any other Oracle tool and
> get a "permission denied" message.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Rico

Too many unanswered questions (version of OS, version of DB, whether this worked when you installed elsewhere, etc.)

Since you mention Windows (generically, although mentioning "local administrator" eliminates Windows 98), I encourage you to review your installation against Oracle's sample tutorial as given at http://otn.oracle.com/obe/start/index.html That site provides the installation for a few different versions of Oracle.

HTH
/Hans Received on Sun Jan 04 2004 - 04:51:13 CET

Original text of this message