Import/Export Wizard for Oracle 9i, Need Help!!!

From: Virat <iimvirat_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Jan 2004 01:04:04 -0800

Hey All,
[Quoted] First, my introduction, I am Virat, a student of MCA (Master of Computer Applications) I am in my final semester doing a project with a company in Chennai, India.I have done a few programs in VB-Oracle 9i for my academic labs. And understand basic queries and Oracle command.

Now, the question that I have is that I have to do this project for the company where I am doing my Internship. The problem statment is as follows:

I am supposed to develop a tool like DTS (Data Transfer Service) Wizard available in SQL Server 7.0. In which I have to transfer data from:

1. SQL Server 7.0
2. Microsoft Access
3. Microsoft Excel
4. Flat Files (CSV - Comma Seperated Values and Fixed Length)
to Oracle 9i and back to respective sources.

Also, I have to take care of the following Performance Parameters:

1. Data Integrity during transfer.
2. Speed of transfer.
3. Any Issues faced while doing this project.
4. Multiplexed (Forward and Backward Data Movement, ie. import/export
between above mentioned softwares.)

Now, my problem is I am new to databases and do not know how to go about this problem. I do not know how to start working on this project. Also, I have to do this project in VB.NET. Can anyone please help me in this regard?

Thanks,

Regards,
Virat Received on Thu Jan 01 2004 - 10:04:04 CET

Original text of this message