Re: Universal Installer did not found JRE 1.1.7 - System

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:06:39 +0100

[Quoted] On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:37:14 +0100, Heiner Barreau <info1_at_Heiner-Barreau.de> wrote:

>System:
>WIN98SE
>IE 5.5
>JRE 1.1.8
>MDAC 2.8
>MS-JetEng. 4.0 SP8
>AMD K6/2-300
>

>Heiner Barreau schrieb:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> i've a problem with the oracle universal installer.
>>
>> I tried to install the Oracle 8i client.
>> I always get the message that the JRE 1.1.7, or higher, was not found,
>> but the JRE 1.1.8 is installed.
>>
>> I tried to install with the setup.exe from the root, the install\win32
>> directoy and the autorun.exe too, nothing works.
>>
>> May somebody can help me?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Heiner

[Quoted] One cause I remember is using an older version of the installer from the installation media (be it CD or zip file or whatever) were a newer version is already present on the hard drive. In that case you need to use the newest installer, hit the from button and navigate to the products.jar on the installation media

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA