Re: overcoming 256 byte limit in forms50_path registry in win2000

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:34:52 -0800

khaldoon wrote:
> We are using Forms 5 under win2000 server , we have aproblem that the
> length of forms50_path is too limiting for our work.
> I used shell variables instead of forms50_path but got the same result
> Is there any solution for this problem.
>
> Thanks
> Khaldoon Momani

What advantage do you derive from a path that large?

Rather than trying to kludge a product to your directory structure try making your directory structure match that of the product you are using.

BTW: Forms 5 is not even supported on Win2K. Consider upgrading to a product Oracle has sold during the last decade.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu