how to: oracle full text search over multiple columns

From: joes <joes_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: 24 Dec 2003 14:45:47 -0800

[Quoted] Hello there

[Quoted] I am looking for a way to realize a full text search on a whole table in oracle 8.1.7 . I found "catsearch()" and "contains()" features. But it seems that these only supports the lookup for a single column. So exists there way to realize a full text search over multiple columns ? How ?

[Quoted] second Question I have is about, does Oracle supports an automatic translation of special characters suring the search ? for instance german "umlaute" so that the a umlaut (&auml;) is automatic trnsalted into 'ae' or 'a'. Or that the french characters are translated into 'e' ?

thanks xou for any answers on this
regards
Mark Received on Wed Dec 24 2003 - 23:45:47 CET

Original text of this message