Re: Form developer carshes

From: Mikhail Pachkov <pachkovREMOVETHAT_at_minet.uni-jena.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:29:30 +0100

[Quoted] [Quoted] miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net (Carlos) writes:

> Priviet!

Привет! :-)

> Though Developer is the most likely guilty, you should check out
> another alternatives regarding the DB. You can read a little in post
> 'TNS-12571 when editing text boxes in developer 6i ...'

[Quoted] I have found that thread, but I have different problem. First of all I do not get the "TNS-12571" message. It seems to be some malfunctioning of java code, since it is actuaaly crahses at exit with the same message to console. Perhaps there are some magic enviromental variables which solve that problem,

> Oracle DB server software version does matter (You did not inform
> about that), and (in my case) installation order does matter too. Also
> the Operating system(s) involved.

[Quoted] Oracle Development Suit 9i (release 9.0.2). System: linux 2.4.23, Slackware-current. Database (Release 9.2.0.1.0) and Dev. Suit were installed with gcc-2.95.3 and binutils-2.13.90.0.18-i386-1. Dev. Suit was installed after installation of Oracle.

> I've often found 'segmentation errors' because of the UNICODE
> CHARACTER SET used (again, you did not inform about that).

[Quoted] Can you tell me how can I check this (and change)? In NLS options I found language set to AMERICAN.

Thank you!

Mikhail

--
Ежик птица гордая: пока не пнешь - не полетит...