Re: problem with a trigger

From: Tiago Rocha <tiagocrspamtalho_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:24:25 -0300

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:10:25 -0500, "Mark C. Stock" <mcstockX_at_Xenquery .com> wrote:

> > Well, so Oracle must have a setting somewhere to make sunday=7, but
>| > I'm just a developer, I'm not aware of such setting. In my DB
>| > (8.1.7.4.0), today (friday) is 6, saturday is 7 and sunday is 1:
>| >

>unsolicited career advise never say 'I'm just a developer...' as an excuse
>for not knowing how something in the database works -- especially something
>that will cause your code to fail

<snip>

>NLS_TERRITORY
>
>since this can be reset for at the session level or by the dba , you can
>never assume that your code will work unless you know what the NLS settings
>are, and how they affect your code.

<snip>

I know what the NLS settings do (well, I thought I knew, I need study more...), but I learned today that the week start in different days depending on the territory... With different the NLS settings we use, all start the week on sunday...

Thanks for the enlightenment.

--
Tiago Rocha
Recife - Brasil