Pro*C and sqlplus not accessing the same server? weird problem

From: Mike Smith <dontreplybymail_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 12 Dec 2003 03:59:01 -0800

Hello,

I am using Pro*C on a hp-ux workstation, where I suddenly got a weird problem:

if I connect with sqlplus as user ABCD I will get in to the database I want,
if I connect with Pro*C as user ABCD it will connect to another database!

Anyone has got an idea what could be wrong? Where does sqlplus and pro*C pick up which database to connect to? could it be
/oracle806/network/admin/tnsnames.ora

?

They have updated some software on our workstations yesterday and I assume that has something to do with it, but as always in a big company is hell trying to find anyone that knows what they really updated....

any help would be great!

Mike Received on Fri Dec 12 2003 - 12:59:01 CET

Original text of this message