Re: problem with a trigger

From: BlackEagle <slimane_at_tsk.be>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:49:24 GMT

"Carlos" <miotromailcarlos_at_netscape.net> schreef in bericht news:1de5ebe7.0312100514.7aef50ec_at_posting.google.com...
> There are some issues to comment:
> 1.-The error is in the closing parenthesis near 'sun'. It should not
> exist.
> 2.-In the second IF, there should be a conversion function TO_NUMBER,
> since the comparision is between char (TO_CHAR) and numbers (7 or 00).
> 3.-Comparisions made with objects affected by NLS_PARAMS are tricky.
> If you change NLS_LANG you could get the daynames in other languages,
> and the comparision (='sun') will fail. The same if you use numbers.
> In some territories the first day of the week is Monday (for example,
> Spain), in another ones it happens to be sunday (England), you should
> avoid this by indicating the params inside the function.
> 4.-No reservations on sundays. Better with a check constraint, but if
> you want a especific user message then you should use a trigger

Thanx a lot Carlos ;)
[Quoted] [Quoted] the ')' and the language were the problems... Now the triggers to their job but still I still get an error afterwards like [Quoted] ora-06512: in "username.reservation_restrictions, line 3 ora-04088: failure by executing trigger 'username.reservation_restrictions'. [Quoted] is this normal? because the trigger does his job, before these two errors I [Quoted] get the message I want.

thanks Received on Wed Dec 10 2003 - 23:49:24 CET

Original text of this message