Error after trigger

From: Ralph <Ralph.Backes_at_web.de>
Date: 10 Dec 2003 08:19:33 -0800

Hi all,

it's a quit simple thing I want to do. I got a table in one database where rows are continuosly inserted by an app. Now I want to replicate these rows to another table in another database. I added the trigger to the original table, a database link to my database and the procedure to my database. Everythings fine, compiled and ok, now starting the app gives me an error, I didn't know how to handle. There's nothing in my written code which seems to me to be responsible for the error possible reasons shown by the documentation. The newsgroups didn't say something usable to this error and so I guess I'm doing something completly wrong...

By the way, I'm not very experienced with Oracle, worked mostly with MS SQL and MySql...

Any ideas ?
Ralph

Trigger:
CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER "MYUSER"."MIRROR_AFTER_INSERT"     AFTER INSERT
    ON "TABLE1"
    FOR EACH ROW BEGIN   INSERT_ZIELGRUPPENAENDERUNG_at_DLTOMYDATABASE( :new.zusatz_04,
:new.zusatz_05, :new.mitgliednr, :new.zielgruppe,
:new.hauptabt_1,:new.schluessel, :new.ausfuehrg, :new.sonstige_3,
:new.dat_eintr );

END; Procedure:
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE "OTHERUSER".     "INSERT_ZIELGRUPPENAENDERUNG" ( ZUSATZ_04 VARCHAR2,     ZUSATZ_05 VARCHAR2,
 MITGLIEDNR number, ZIELGRUPPE varchar2,  HAUPTABT_1 varchar2, SCHLUESSEL varchar2,  AUSFUEHRG date, SONSTIGE_3 varchar2,
 DAT_EINTR date) as
begin

INSERT INTO TBLZIELGRUPPENAENDERUNG ( stradressnummer, stradressnummer2, lngmitgliednummer, strzielgruppe,strorgcode, straenderungkey, daustritt_dat, bytadresstyp, lngdateeintrag, lngtimeeintrag) VALUES ( ZUSATZ_04, ZUSATZ_05, MITGLIEDNR, ZIELGRUPPE, LTRIM(RTRIM(HAUPTABT_1)), LTRIM( RTRIM( SCHLUESSEL)), AUSFUEHRG, SUBSTR(SONSTIGE_3,1,1), TO_NUMBER( T O_CHAR( DAT_EINTR, 'YYYYMMDD')), TO_NUMBER( TO_CHAR( SYSDATE, 'HHMMSSMM')));   END; -- INSERT_ZIELGRUPPENAENDERUNG error:
[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-02041: client database did not begin a transaction
ORA-06512: at "VEWAUSER.MIRROR_MAIS_AFTER_INSERT", line 3 ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'VEWAUSER.MIRROR_MAIS_AFTER_INSERT' Received on Wed Dec 10 2003 - 17:19:33 CET

Original text of this message