Re: Oracle Professionals -- Need Your Help

From: Bob Jones <email_at_me.not>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 00:56:27 GMT

> >>Then there are a few things you need to know.
> >>
> >>1. Crossposting is a great way to anger those you are trying to contact.
> >> You seem to have posted this to every usenet group you could spell.
> >>
> >>2. Spamming is strictly forbidden. The only Oracle usenet group that
> >> allows commercial postings is c.d.o.marketplace. You need to
> >> apologize for the mistake.
> >>
> >>3. You need to explain how a company that is in business long enough to
> >> claim "excellent past performance" can have a web site on which I
> >> was the 8th hit recorded.
> >>
> >>All that aside some of my students might be interested so contact me
> >>off-line.
> >>

> > What is this crap. First you criticize him for spamming, then you want
> > hook up with him. Make up your mind.
> >

> Spamming? Which part of: "Spamming is strictly forbidden." Didn't you
read?

> Hook up with him? Which part of:
>
> http://www.sirc.net
> Ajay Gandhi
> Washington DC
> email: oraclexml -- yahoo.com
>
> Didn't you read?
>
> He crossposted I called him on it.
> He spammed I called him on it.
> He or identified himself with verifiable name and contact information in
> his own country. I responded.

I applaud you for that, but why ending your message with:

"All that aside some of my students might be interested so contact me off-line."

> It isn't really that difficult. You see I have a degree in organic
> analytical chemistry, 34 years in the IT industry, teach at a major
> research university, and unless I've had a bit too much scotch can
> generally draw rational conclusions from sentences written in the
> English language.

Good to know who I am talking to.

> If you'd post your real name, identify your product (you didn't share
> that with me), and post from an email address in your own country, and
> could use verbiage related to our industry I'd not be warning people to
> be careful.
>
> The rules are really rather simple. Why is it your don't just solve the
> problem by letting people know who you really are?
>
> And that sir is the problem. You still refuse to do so. Because I know
> for a fact, from your private email to me, your name isn't Bob Jones.
> And any moron with an IQ higher than room temperature knows the email
> address you just used to post this diatribe isn't valid either.
>
> So reasonable people have reason to be concerned. And you have created
> the atmosphere in which you now dwell.

Unlike some here, I have no intention of selling or buying products and services, or building a business relationship with anyone in this newsgroup. I don't think that's one of the purposes of this group. You may be a little confused here. I did not send you any private email and had no reason to do so. All I have to say regarding this thread is all here in the public. Received on Wed Dec 10 2003 - 01:56:27 CET

Original text of this message