Re: Oracle Professionals -- Need Your Help

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:38:28 -0800

IT Recruiter wrote:

> I am an independent consultant specializing with ORACLE products for
> last 14 years. My goal is to form a teaming arrangement with ORACLE
> professionals, who wants to earn some extra cash on the side and build
> a strong business relationship with me. I have been marketing through
> http://www.sirc.net as an ORACLE Solutions Provider. My company is an
> 8a certified, Women Owned, has a GSA Schedule with excellent past
> performance for the last 9 years.
>
> Your role would be to refer a client, help me close the deal. Why do I
> need ORACLE Sales / Technical Professionals? Because I want to provide
> only top-notch ORACLE related services.
>
> Is anybody interested within the ORACLE community to help me achieve
> my goals?
>
> Because I know if we form a SOLID teaming arrangement, and gets some
> business under our belt, it will have a snow-ball effect down the road
> and which will be good for me and YOU.
>
> I strongly believe in "UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL"
>
> Thanks
>
> Ajay Gandhi
> Washington DC
> email: oraclexml -- yahoo.com

Then there are a few things you need to know.

  1. Crossposting is a great way to anger those you are trying to contact. You seem to have posted this to every usenet group you could spell.
  2. Spamming is strictly forbidden. The only Oracle usenet group that allows commercial postings is c.d.o.marketplace. You need to apologize for the mistake.
  3. You need to explain how a company that is in business long enough to claim "excellent past performance" can have a web site on which I was the 8th hit recorded.

All that aside some of my students might be interested so contact me off-line.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu