Re: OAS DAD problem

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman_at_RE-MO-VE.BountifulSolutions.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 15:54:46 +0000

[Quoted] On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:42:00 +0000, pixelmeow wrote:

> Anyway, this is very frustrating and I would greatly appreciate any ideas.
> I have looked at the link from Google that Norman describes how to do
> this sort of thing, but the DAD is in the Apache directory, so does that
> mean I need to install Apache in the Shared Oracle directory?
>
> Thank you all so much for all your help.

Afternoon,

Seeing as how you mentioned my name ....... :o)

[Quoted] [Quoted] if you have 8.1.7.x then you will have the Apache server on the install discs. If it didn't install, then rerun the installer and select a custom install, open up the various software options until you find Apache and select it. That *should* get you going.

[Quoted] I've done this myself, once, on Windows 2K. I'm currently on 9i release 2 on Linux, and the Apache server was installed when I did my original install - mind you I think I just went for a full install, I'm only playing after all !

There are problems, mentioned in passing by Daniel, with Apache not supplied by Oracle - I'm told (Frank) that it is down to mod_plsql and Apache being compiled with different compilers/versions of compilers so they don't talk very well.

[Quoted] At present I have Apache 2.x running as installed under Linux and 1.3 as installed by Oracle. I tend to shut down the 'main' one when running the Oracle stuff to test, play and learn. (I'm writing a doc on setting it all up, but as I have a new job to go to on Monday (yippee !) I'm not going to get time to finish it off :o) - soon maybe !)

[Quoted] Once you install the Oracle version, you'll have all the stuff you need and files etc in the correct locations.

HTH Cheers,
Norm.

--
Delete the obvious bit from my email address to reply by email.