Re: OAS DAD problem

From: pixelmeow <NJZLIRWUWYGI_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 19:56:49 GMT

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 14:22:30 -0300, in comp.databases.oracle.tools, Tiago Rocha <tiagocrspamtalho_at_terra.com.br> scribbled:

>On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:42:00 GMT, pixelmeow <webmaster_at_pixelmeow.com>
>wrote:
>>but the DAD is in the Apache directory,
>>so does that mean I need to install Apache in the Shared Oracle
>>directory?
>
>You have to use the Apache that comes with Oracle Application Server.
>Any other Apache version will give you troubles to make work.
>
>I am using 9ias with no problems at all, the setup was very easy.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear; the Oracle Application Server is version 4, not 9iAS. Apache doesn't come with it. It has http listeners, which I was setting up in the OAS Manager, which is where I came across the DAD problem. The point of this whole thing is to see how little we have to upgrade to deploy Forms and Reports to the web. If it were me, my money, and all, I'd just upgrade the whole thing and not worry, but it isn't me... :-(

Win2k Server, Oracle 8.1.5, OAS 4, WebDB, Forms/Reports services 6i, Apache 2 (latest, stable build) and Tomcat 4 (since I thought I'd need it before I got into all this).

Thanks!

--
Teresa Redmond
Programmer/Analyst II