Re: OAS DAD problem

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 11:05:46 -0800

pixelmeow wrote:

> Hi, all;
>
> I'm working on win2k server, Oracle 8.1.5, have just installed WebDB,
> Oracle App Server 4, and Forms and Reports 6i. You may recall that I
> had problems with Developer Server 6; I downloaded 6i and am in the
> process of trying to get Forms and Reports to the web using what we
> have and with the least amount of upgrading. Not my decision on that
> one...
>
> Anyway, I am working with the OAS Manager and the documentation to get
> the App Server set up. The documentation suggests that Oracle already
> has Apache with it, which it doesn't, but I do have that installed and
> will be working to hook that up to OAS using documentation on OTN.
> But I can't add a DAD because I keep getting the 12154 error. I have
> run a search for all instances of TNSNAMES.ORA and made sure that the
> connect string is in each one, either in the <name> form or the
> <name.world> form, whichever the rest of the examples have. I am
> still getting this error.
>
> I also have the Web Applications 101 book, which is very helpful but
> for 9iAS. It advised the TNS_ADMIN value in the registry to direct
> everything to one TNSNAMES file, which I tried, but that made my
> Instance Manager get the 12154 error even though the file everyone was
> pointing to was in the ORA_HOME directory for OEM!
>
> Anyway, this is very frustrating and I would greatly appreciate any
> ideas. I have looked at the link from Google that Norman describes
> how to do this sort of thing, but the DAD is in the Apache directory,
> so does that mean I need to install Apache in the Shared Oracle
> directory?
>
> Thank you all so much for all your help.

[Quoted] My advice would be to go back to management and tell them that they will spend far more money trying to get you to kludge together unsupported obsolete systems than they would doing it correctly.

[Quoted] You can not use, or at least easily, Apache from any other source.

[Quoted] If you want to have them contact me feel free to do so.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu