Re: PL/SQL: What is the maxiimum size of ARRAY OF RECORD

From: Richard Kuhler <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 20:31:09 GMT

Claus wrote:
<snip>
> What is the memory limitation on the size of the "myrecs" array?

The amount of memory that can be allocated by the process through the operating system. This may either be limited by a process memory limit or simply by the total physical and swap available.

> Which init.ora parameter controls the maximum size?

None to my knowledge. The workarea parameters don't limit this type of memory allocation as far as I know.

> Where is "myrecs" actually allocated, - in the SGA or PGA?

It's considered part of the PGA (you can see it accounted for in v$sesstat).

> What exception will I get if the maximum size is exceeded?

ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate ... bytes (koh-kghu call ,pmuccst: adt/record)

--
Richard Kuhler