Re: ODBC-Access-Problems

From: Ralph <Ralph.Backes_at_web.de>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:05:38 +0100

Well, enabling ODBC-Tracing didn't give any clue to me. The shown statements are obviously without quote in mixedcase like "select name from MyUser.Customer". Exactly the same on all machines. The tables at the server are of course completly uppercase.

When using the string "select name from 'MyUser'.'Customer'" I'll get at all machines the same error, called table not found. Using "select NAME from MYUSER.CUSTOMER" all machines work fine, but I can't change the strings in the app. So according to the manual, the string "select name from MyUser.Customer" should also work but gives an empty result set on the Win2K machine and on a WinXP machine but works fine on another Win 2K and a WinNT. I checked all settings I found without finding a different...

Any further ideas ?