Re: IMPORTANT DEPENDENCIES QUESTION IN ORACLE.

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 07:35:09 -0500

[Quoted] its more complex than that since package specs can have seperate dependencies from package bodies. DBA_DEPENDECIES will only list objects that have dependecies. So your spec might have a dependencies and your body does not. So you will need to add code to account for this so your dependency tree doesnt have gaps.

I had to write packages,procedures, and function code to a file in dependecies order so they could be re-imported elsewhere. Its not that simple. I found the utldeptree to be totally worthless. I did it solely with DBA_DEPENDENCIES and DBA_OBJECTS(needed this view in case object didnt have dependencies so I diff'd it to the DBA_DEPENDENCIES).

It was a real nuissance. I dont have code to tell you a tree, it just writes the code out. A tree would be more complicated.