Re: Export Tablespaces

From: FlameDance <FlameDance_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:21:04 +0100

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> compress=n
> doesn't change initial and next so you end up with more smaller extents that
> can span the datafiles.

Sweet!

>>Can I exclude a certain object from an import run?

> from memory....
>
> tables=(table list)

Explicitly name the objects you want to include ... I tried that, even wrote a script that automatically write a control file. Problem is, I only got the tables that way and couldn't figure out how to import other objects.

I got it solved now, following some of your hints:

  1. Full database export of prod (will try with compress=n soon)
  2. drop and create users in test (scared me to death, what if I make a mistake and hit the prod database?) [Quoted]
  3. import the big table into test (possibly obsolete if compress=n works as you say)
  4. import all other objects into test (naming the users I want with fromuser=user1,user2,user3) with ignore=n (throws 1 error message about the big table but not more)

Next I'll think about creating the indexes later, to improve performance.

Thanks for your patience, Niall!

Stephan Received on Fri Nov 28 2003 - 13:21:04 CET

Original text of this message