Re: Quest Toad hangs periodically on win xp

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 27 Nov 2003 13:43:56 -0800

[Quoted] William Buchanan (william.buchanan_at_freenet.co.uk) wrote:
: Hi folks

: I am running Toad 7.5.2.0 on win xp. I find that while I am using it,
: it periodically freezes my system. e.g. if I have 5 toad windows open
: (schema browsers, sql editors), I work in 1 window, I then click on
: another and work in that, I then click on another - at this point the
: window comes to the front but my system freezes for 5 - 10 seconds. I
: happens when switching between windows but not every time.

: As you can imagine it is very frustrating.

: Has anyone had similar issues and if so how can I fix this?

No idea how to fix it, but this is common for xp with many products in my experience, and at least a few other people have agreed with me when I mention this to them (and it's not related to hardware, I'm talking 900 Mhz PC's with 1/2 gig memory).

So, there might be something toad could do to alleviate the problem (perhaps the way it interacts with the os), but it is just as likely an xp issue and changes to toad would make no difference. Received on Thu Nov 27 2003 - 22:43:56 CET

Original text of this message