Re: RFD: Periodic FAQ & Charter post

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:45:04 -0800

Pete Finnigan wrote:

>><humor>
[Quoted] >>I'd like to suggest we add a new usenet group too:

>>How about something like comp.databases.oracle.sports
>>
>>For all those poor guys in the UK, Oz, and NZ to rant about their
>>favorite, and less than favorite, teams.
>></humor>
>>

> Hi Daniel
>
> Maybe not sports but comp.databases.oracle.offtopic for all the.. well
> off topic posts, like sports!
>
> kind regards
>
> Pete

I don't mind them at all. Makes it a bit more of a community. But it does seem strange that they can go on for hours about this nonsense and we don't have American's posting about whether the 49ers beat the Packers (like I would know or care if they even play each other). ;-)

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu