Re: OT: Scotsmen and the temperature ...

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Nov 2003 06:43:17 -0800

Norman Dunbar <Norman_at_RE-MO-VE.BountifulSolutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:<pan.2003.11.26.08.33.01.158734_at_RE-MO-VE.BountifulSolutions.co.uk>...
> A welsh friend of mine sent me this some time back :
>
> The Scots, Hardy Folk ?
>
> 40 degrees F - Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Scotland
> strip down to their vests and sunbathe.
>
> 35 degrees F - Italian cars won't start. People in Scotland drive with
> the windows down.
>
> 20 degrees F - Folk in Florida wear coats, gloves, and wool hats. People
> in Scotland throw on a long-sleeved T-shirt.
>
> 15 degrees F - Californians begin to evacuate the state. People in
> Scotland go swimming in the North Sea. Zero degrees - New York landlords
> finally turn up the heat. People in Scotland have the last BBQ before it
> gets cold.
>
> 10 degrees below zero - In Miami, mortality rate due to exposure rockets.
> People in Scotland enjoy an ice cream.
>
> 20 degrees below zero - Californians fly away to Mexico for a holiday. People in
> Scotland relent and throw on a light jacket.
>
> 80 degrees below zero - Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic. Scottish
> Boy Scouts postpone" Winter Survival" classes because it's not cold enough.
>
> 100 degrees below zero - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. People in
> Scotland pull down the ear flaps on their balaclavas.
>
> 173 degrees below zero - Ethyl alcohol freezes. People in Scotland get
> frustrated when they can't defrost their porridge.
>
> 297 degrees below zero - Microbial life start to disappear. Scottish cows
> complain of farmers with cold hands.
>
> 460 degrees below zero - ALL atomic motion stops. People in Scotland start
> saying "Here it's chilly, 'r you cauld an' awe?" (translation - "I say,
> it's a bit chilly, are you cold as well ?" (Norm))
>
> 500 degrees below zero (Kelvin!) - Hell freezes over. PEOPLE IN SCOTLAND
> START TO SUPPORT ENGLAND IN THE WORLD CUP!
>
> :o)
>
> Cheers,
> Norm.
>
> PS. There's no truth in the rumour that copper wire was invented by two
> Scotsmen fighting over the ownership of a penny !

ROFL
[Quoted] [Quoted] So, little question, why do the people in Monarch of the Glen almost [Quoted] never wear kilts except when at ceremonial events? [Quoted] Other question: why do Scottish football supporters wear kilts when making Amsterdam a yet more unsafe city to live in, or visiting the Red Light District?

Cheers
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Wed Nov 26 2003 - 15:43:17 CET

Original text of this message