Re: Learning/Teaching SQL

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_bad_address.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 04:12:27 GMT

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> With your recommendation ... I'll have to look at it again.

Not sure whether your referring to OLN or the Mastering SQL book. In either case, the recommendation is geared towards my perception of Lee's students' level and his requirements.

I do find the Mastering SQL excellent as a *supplement* to basic SQL ILT such as Oracle's "Introduction to Oracle9i SQL". And I myself have signed on to OLN to get added perspective on some of the esoteric stuff, eg: the Spatial and Intermedia courses.

Neither replaces classroom training. Both need hands-on.

/Hans

export reply-to=`echo "$from" | sed -e 's/bad_address/telus/'` Received on Mon Nov 24 2003 - 05:12:27 CET

Original text of this message