Re: Learning/Teaching SQL

From: Jarmo <jarmo_at_jarmo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:08:46 -0500

"Lee" <lee_at_jamtoday.com> wrote in message news:3FC129CB.2060604_at_jamtoday.com...

> Some (few) of our users has expressed a desire to learn SQL so as to be
> able to write their own ad hoc queries/reports
> via sql plus if need be, or through some other front end tool if we can
> round one up at trivial cost (see threads on this forum)

[Quoted] [Quoted] Does it have to be Oracle? If not, then I'd look for the cheapest, most [Quoted] usable database that supports SQL. MySQL is free and I'm sure there are dozens of good front-end query engines for it at very low (or no) cost.

[Quoted] There are also online SQL tutorials that allow you to enter and run SQL. They're free and readily available to anyone with a browser. No need to install anything! For example: http://www.w3schools.com/sql/ Received on Mon Nov 24 2003 - 02:08:46 CET

Original text of this message