Format Mask for Numbers with commas

From: Aaron V <Tinkerist_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 01:11:49 GMT

Greetings,
[Quoted] Does anyone know a good way to exclude the commas when editing a number field? I have a format mask that adds commas for readability on long numbers, but when I edit the number, I don't want the commas to be there. [Quoted] For instance, if I where to put the decimal point off by one position accidentaly on a long number, I would have to change the decimal position [Quoted] then remove all the commas or replace them where they should be. It would be [Quoted] [Quoted] easier to retype the number; yes, but I would prefer to have the option to [Quoted] edit it. The closest I could come up with was to Nullify the Format Mask on [Quoted] a Pre-text-item trigger, then Replace it on a Post-text-item trigger. This [Quoted] would work fine if I were viewing only one Record, but I am not. So all the [Quoted] numbers for that whole column lose their formatting when the focus is on that Item.
Also, is there a trigger that fires when an item is changed(at the same time [Quoted] the Item_is_valid becomes False).

Any help would be appreciated,
Aaron V. Received on Sun Nov 23 2003 - 02:11:49 CET

Original text of this message