Re: Installed Oracle, how to create 1st database?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:26:44 +0100

[Quoted] On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 08:56:08 -0500, "Jarmo" <jarmo_at_jarmo.com> wrote:

>That was just a strangled plea for more usable software, by the way. Oracle
>is a complex product but it seems unnecessarily so to the newcomer.

As you go on ranting, and continue to post unjustified comments, I feel forced to respond. You belong to the part of the IT community that much be considered outright dangerous, and which will finally make me collapse after more than 10 years of sorting out your messes. You don't want to learn anything, you just want to hit a button. Doing so, you probably 'develop' programs which show immediately they lack all structure, and have been mainly 'created' by going hacking until it works.
Oracle is not unnecessarily complex. The problem is that people like you are basically lazy, and don't want read, to want to use formal development methods, and don't want to learn theory.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA