Re: Installed Oracle, how to create 1st database?

From: mcstock <mcstockspamplug_at_spamdamenquery.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:14:35 -0500

[Quoted] "Jarmo" <jarmo_at_jarmo.com> wrote in message

| "mcstock" <mcstockspamplug_at_spamdamenquery.com> wrote in message
| > jarno,
| >
| > do you really need a new database or are do you perhaps just need a new
| user
| > account or schema?
| >
| > --mcs
|
| See other response. It's now alive. Yes, I did need a new database. My
| requirements are quite simple -- a database with some really trivial
tables.
| Perhaps Oracle is overkill for such a simple task -- maybe I need a Lite
| version?
|
| PS I got the same thing done with MySQL in an hour vs. over a day with
| Oracle.

and it takes less than 30 seconds in MS Access -- but that's not apples to oranges

[Quoted] for future reference, the Oracle Administrator's guide documents the procedure for creating a new database manually -- it is more complicated, but that's 'cause there's more features and options; but, yeah, it could be made simpler Received on Sat Nov 22 2003 - 04:14:35 CET

Original text of this message