Re: import full vs. import all users

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 02:19:22 +0100

[Quoted] Frank <fbortel_at_nescape.net> wrote:

Summarizing, it seems that importing the SYSTEM schema should be avoided, although it is contained in a full export, in contrary to SYS schema.

I am not still absolutely sure that I will be missing something if SYSTEM won't be imported. Perhaps some rdbms procedures should be rerun.

In any case, doing a full import or importing SYSTEM schema will inevitably cause errors in the import log, which one should probably ignore. I would rather do imports in a way that it does not output wrong error messages. It is time consuming trying to distinguish "true" error messages from "wrong" ones.

Bye
Rick Denoire Received on Sat Nov 22 2003 - 02:19:22 CET

Original text of this message